Friday, December 09, 2005

Victory!

I swung into Amber's pawn shop this morning just before lunch. She had a Smith & Wesson revolver that she asked me to look at. She pulled out a M&P that had a trigger that would hang up in DA mode. The trigger was frozen in place. I looked the gun over, and asked what she had given for it. Amber wouldn't say, but asked me what I thought it was worth. It was a Victory Model M&P in blue instead of parkerizing. The lanyard loop was missing, and it sported diamond magna grips. The bore was a sewer pipe. The cylinder locked up fairly tight.
Amber asked me what I thought it was worth. I figured $25 for the diamond magna grips, and $125 for the revolver. I like Amber, and did not want to take advantage of her. She agreed to $150, and I bought the gun. Once home, I tore apart the gun to free up and lubricate the lockwork. The trigger still wants to hang up some, but it releases easier. I will give it a more thorough cleaning in a few days.
I am in the market for an inexpensive set of Victory grips and a proper lanyard ring for this revolver. I plan on putting her right again. Until that time, I installed a set of faux stag grips I had in the parts box. I find those to be less offensive than the wrong S&W furniture.

I did not go by to see Neil or Dave.

My S&W Forum thread on this revolver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home